1.0 Who Are We
Emsworth Community Association (ECA) is a registered charity, that was founded in 1975 to run Emsworth Community Centre for everyone locally to enjoy. ECA promotes the health and well being of the people of Emsworth and neighbouring areas by providing education, recreation and social activities in premises which are both accessible and comfortable to all. The Association is run by a Committee of Volunteer Trustees, and supported by other Volunteers and a handful of staff, for the benefit of members and the wider community.
2.0 How ECA Manages Personal Data
ECA is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals and keeping personal information safe. The following document outlines what you can expect from ECA when we collect your personal information.
3.0 What Personal Information We Collect About You
We only collect personal information about you that is necessary for the administration of your chosen interaction(s) with ECA. We do not collect sensitive data about you, unless there is a clear reason to do so.
3.1 We would collect your personal data to handle your request to:
- Hire rooms at the Community Centre.
- To hire a table at an ECA organised fundraising event (e.g. Craft Fair, Table Top Sales, etc.).
- To borrow ECA equipment for an offsite event (e.g. tables, chairs, crockery, projector, etc.).
- Become a Member of the Association and receive Membership benefits, such as;
- The ability to Vote at the AGM,
- Reduced prices for hiring rooms for a private function,
- Quarterly Membership Prize Draw,
- Access to reduced price tickets for Chichester Festival Theatre,
- Reduced prices for ECA Special Events.
- Request to receive regular updates and news on what’s coming up at the Community Centre.
- Join an ECA Section (e.g. Table Tennis and Cribbage).
- Fundraise, Donate, Gift, Pledge support or a make Legacy in your Will to ECA.
- Volunteer your help and expertise to ECA.
- Handle a general enquiry, if you contact ECA and provide your personal information(e.g. email, address, telephone, facebook/twitter ID, details and nature of your enquiry).
- Apply for a job at the Community Centre.
3.2 What Types of Personal Information ECA may Collect
Depending upon your interaction with ECA, the information that ECA may include some of the following; your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, mobile number, preferred method of communication, age (e.g. birthdays, over 18 years, date of birth), bank account details (to process payments and donations), information as to whether you’re a taxpayer (to claim Gift Aid), the specific details of any donations/legacy/in-memorial gifts.
On occasions, ECA may also ask you to complete surveys that ECA will use for research purposes, it is your choice as to whether you choose to respond to such requests. When issuing a survey ECA will inform you of why ECA is asking the questions and what it will do the data responses.
We only collect and retain sensitive data on individuals if there is a clear reason to do so.
For example, we only ask about your general health and/or next of kin if you participate in an ECA Sections. We do this to ensure you have taken any necessary steps to enable you to be safe to participate in an activity, such as Table Tennis, and that we know who you wish us to contact in the event of an emergency.Another example is when, we will ask about your food preferences for events that provide food.
ECA will only collect sensitive personal data with the individual’s consent, and clear notices will be provided on applications for Membership and other relevant forms and communications, so you know what information is needed and why it is required.
In some cases ECA may also collect information about you from publicly available sources.
ECA will also collect from Volunteers their preferences towards different types of activity, their availability to volunteer and background experience, as to match them to ‘jobs’ that they are best suited to.
Additional information on those applying for positions at with ECA will be requested and retained for the recruitment and for any subsequent hiring, training, managing and remunerating staff and for fulfilling information requests from HMRC.
4.0 How ECA may Use Your Data
The legal basis that ECA has for processing your data will depend upon the circumstances in which it is being collected and used, but will in most cases fall into one of the following categories, where:
- you have provided your consent to allow us to use your data in a certain way,
- the processing is necessary to carry out for the performance of a contract with you,
- the processing is essential in order for us to comply with a legal obligation,
- it is in ECA’s legitimate interests to perform. For example, the processing of Memberships or sending you administrative communications where our legitimate interest is to raise funds and to deliver our charitable purposes.
ECA will not rent, swap or sell your personal information to other organisations.
ECA will only retain your personal information for two years, unless there is a legal requirement to keep it on file for longer.
You may update your personal details and preferences at any time by contacting ECA. As an individual you have the right to request that ECA removes your personal data from its files and ECA will do so unless there is an overarching legal requirement to retain the information.You may also approach ECA to request what personal information is held on you and why, via the formal process of Subject Access Request Statement where ECA will respond within the legally required 40 days. ECA may charge a maximum fee of £10, as the law allows, for handling such a request.
To effectively handle your data, ECA uses external service providers to help us deliver the service(s) you have requested. ECA uses software platform providers for administrating room bookings and office emails, hosting the website, managing social media and for sending out email newsletters, the platform providers may also collect your computer’s IP address). ECA may give relevant persons within these service providers access to your personal information, but only to allow them to perform their services for ECA. Some service providers may be based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) however, ECA checks that such providers ensure that all data is managed to EEA standards.
ECA ensures that your data is subject to appropriate security measures.
ECA may disclose your personal/sensitive personal information when required to by law, for example, to HMRC for tax purposes or to police forces for the prevention or detection of crime.
5.0 Who to Contact for further information
If you have any further questions or concerns about how your personal data is managed, please contact ECA on 01243 373805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org